Adoption Information & Available Dogs
Below 1 year $450.00
1 - 5 years $375.00 USD
6-9 years $300.00 USD
10+ years $200.00
Seniors adopting senior dogs $100.00
*For dogs being adopted to New England please note that there will be
an additional $200.00 charge added to any adoption*
Discretion may be used by the board in regard to special needs dogs/bonded pairs and adoption fees.
Sophia's Grace Foundation is a dachshund rescue that takes in healthy dogs, as well as dogs that may have been abused or medically neglected for a long time, or have illnesses or disabilities. When a dog comes into our organization, we will have them vetted in accordance with our list below. Once you adopt the dog, we cannot guarantee the health of the dog past what our vets have diagnosed or treated. We ask that when you adopt from us, you also partner with us, to love and care for the dog, even if health issues may arise down the road.
Your adoption fee may include:
1. Health Check Up by one of our Veterinarians
2. Spay or Neuter
3. Vaccinations (DH2PP, also known as Distemper/Parvovirus/Parainfluenza, and Rabies ONLY)
4. Blood Parasite Panel (Heartworm and Lyme's Disease)
6. Dentals, only if absolutely needed for the health of the dog and usually only for older dogs
7. De-wormed, if not already de-wormed prior to coming to SGF
8. Any other condition will be treated if they came to SGF with the diagnosis and it was deemed medically necessary to treat.
We will fully disclose all health issues with new adopters so that they are completely aware of anything we have treated the dog for or were made aware of ourselves. Obviously, with dogs, as well as humans, medical issues can arise at any time. Due to this fact, if one arises after the adoption is complete, this will be the sole responsibility of the adopter. Thank you for assisting us in helping to save and love these little ones forever!